With all the chemicals floating around in the air and in our foods, who needs more slathered onto their face? The recent trend in natural beauty products comes with the “green” movement of late, emphasizing lotions, shampoos, makeups and the like that don’t contain chemicals, preservatives or parabens (which some say may increase the risk of cancer and are bad for the environment) or are created with organic ingredients.
Beauty Is In Your Complexion
If you want to have a beautiful complexion, exfoliate often. Dead cells accumulate at the surface of your skin and leave it looking dull. Some effective natural ingredients are right in your kitchen.
- Papaya is great for exfoliating and whitening. Peel off the skin and mash it, then apply it to your face and allow it to sit for a few minutes. You can also wash your face with pieces of papaya.
- Egg yolks will not only nourish your face, but they help to get rid of blackheads. Before you go to bed, apply egg yolk to your face with a brush, and massage it in. Let it dry and rinse. Do this twice a week for best results.
- Lemon is great for your skin. Squeeze lemon juice into 50 ml of water and add 3 tbs of flour to thicken the mixture. Apply it to your face for 30 minutes. Use twice weekly, and it will help lighten freckles.
- Use Almond powder for really damaged skin. Mix 4 tbs of almond powder with 2 tbs of coarse sea salt and 1 tbs of honey. Allow it to soak in for a half hour; then rinse.
Acne: Oh No!
Why is it that when you have a special date, a zit rears its ugly head? These natural remedies will help.
- Baking soda can help banish pimples. Use it to cleanse your skin.
- Stay hydrated stops oil from accumulating in your pores.
- Don’t touch your face. Hands carry bacteria that spreads the zits.
- Only wash your face twice a day to avoid making skin too dry.
- Put ice on your pimples to help shrink them.
- Make a face mask of 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1tbsp honey. Apply to face, and let set for 20 minutes. Rinse. This mask will help get rid of acne and prevent scarring.
If you want rosy cheeks without using make-up, there are some natural things that you have in your kitchen that will do the trick.
- Apply vegetable juice, such as beetroot juice, mixed with sugar granules to your face. Allow to set for about 15 minutes. Rinse with water, and see a rosy glow left behind.
- Washing your face with red wine or apple cider vinegar makes cheeks pink. You might also dab red wine on your face with a cotton ball.
- Add a bit of water to dry rose or hibiscus flowers to make a paste. Rub into cheeks for a natural rosy look.
- Simply rubbing your cheeks also gives them that rosy look.
We all want to keep wrinkles away. Here are some natural remedies that will do the trick.
- Try the age old treatment of applying milk and honey around the eyes, nose, mouth, and forehead. Milk is filled with lactic acid that helps to cleanse your pores and causes the secretion of collagen to firm and plump aged skin. Honey helps to keep your skin hydrated.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Eating well — plenty of veggies, fruits, whole grains, protein — will keep your skin healthy from the inside out.
- When putting on make-up or washing your face, rub up, not down, to prevent a sagging look.
What Beautiful Eyes You Have
Your eyes are the windows to your soul. If you want your eyes to sparkle, here are some things that you can do.
- Avoid smokey places, and stay away from exhaust fumes.
- Stress can do a job on your eyes. To relieve stress and brighten eyes, drink some anti-oxidant rich green tea. After steeping the tea bags in your hot water for tea, put the cooled tea bags on your eyes, or pour some cooled tea on a cotton ball and apply to your eyes.
- Put some cotton balls into a cup filled with rose water and two drops of Castor oil. Put the cotton balls on your eyes for about 15 minutes.
How to Plump Up Your Lips Without Chemicals
If you want kissable, voluptuous lips naturally, try some of these techniques.
- Lightly rub a toothbrush over your lips to remove dried skin. The brushing will stimulate the lips to swell a bit. Smoothing of the skin makes your lips appear plumper. Kissing and pinching a bit helps too.
- Mix a bit of cinnamon or peppermint essential oil into some lip balm or gloss. This causes a bit of natural swelling. Your lips may also tingle a bit.
- Exercise your lip muscles by whistling two to five minutes daily. Exercising makes them plumper. You can also work out your mouth by puckering your lips as if you were kissing someone — or by actually kissing someone!
Lighten Dark Facial Hair
Many of us have unsightly facial hair. Shaving just won’t do, and electrolysis is expensive. Instead of removing the hair, lighten it to make it less noticeable with this natural concoction.
- Boil two cups of rhubarb. After it has boiled turn the heat down and simmer for about 30-40 minutes. Cool and pour the rhubarb into a spray bottle.
- Add lemon and hydrogen peroxide to contents of bottle. For a nice fragrance try adding lavender oil.
- Shake bottle and put in the refrigerator. Spray this homemeady hair bleach on the hair above your upper lip or other places on your face.
Beautiful Hair A Beautiful You
Here are some hair tips to finish your look:
- Eat plenty of greens, beans, salmon, Brazil nuts, poultry, eggs, grains, carrots, oysters, yogurt.
- Cucumber and potato skins are good, too, because they have a high silica content, which helps to keep your hair healthy, shiny and strong.
- When washing, never use water that is too hot or too cold. Massage scalp gently without fingernails.
- Try to avoid using harsh chemicals in your hair. Only color your hair every 2-4 months or less.
- Avoid smoke, and drink alcohol sparingly.
Exercises For A Beautiful Face
Last but not least, these facial exercises will keep you beautiful throughout your life.
- Raise your lower eyelids while not moving your upper lids. Repeat 10 times.
- Raise your eyebrows while putting your index finger above your eyes.
- Put your index finger on your neck, pull the skin down while lifting up your head. Or, just lift your head and stretch your neck.
- Tighten these muscles by pouting or pushing your lower lip up.